Be an Ally to Undocumented Students
The UndocuAlly Training highlights best practices to support undocumented students. This training will familiarise participants with the following topics:
- Narratives of undocumented students and their families
- The experiences of first-generation students.
- An overview of the history, policies, and current issues impacting this student population.
- Why and how to be an ally to be undocumented students.
- Strategies and models to support undocumented students.
- Recommendations for how to personalise and adapt best practices
UndocuAlly Training Session Costs:
- @ Off campus location: $150/hr, and cost of travel.
Mariposas Poderosas: Thriving, Not Just Surviving
Undocumented Initiatives can provide your campus with the tools to implement the Mariposas Poderosas program. Mariposas Poderosas is a support group for undocumented students and allies at WSU, Pullman. With the guidance of facilitators, the group goes through the "Making DREAMs Come True" workbook, which contains strategies for resilience based upon research in the psychology field and practical experience. The Mariposas Poderosas program has seen proven results and has been an amazing source of support and community at the WSU Pullman campus. We'd love to help you introduce the program at your campus.
Sessions to assist in implementation run for 4 hours and cost $600, in addition to the cost of travel.